Sunday, August 24, 2008

Matthew Mitcham gold



Last night at the Olympics Australian Diver Matthew Mitchem won the gold medal in diving. I know that he is not from the United States, but he does have one thing in common with me. Matthew is a openly gay man. He joins a very small group of openly homosexual athletes to medal at the Olympics.


It is very comforting for me to see a positive, healthy example of a gay man that kids can look up too. I only wish that I had someone that was comfortable about their sexuality and open about who they are to look up too when I was growing up! I hope that even just one child struggling with being gay watched history being made tonight and gained strength and clarity from this moment. It is okay to be 100% of who you are, and to love who you were meant to love, because that is what it is all about. LOVE!


Congratulations Matthew!!

No comments: